31 August 2009

laura laine

flashback. 6th grade math class@brownbarge. classmate christina caught me doodling and after some time mustered up the courage to ask 'why i was drawing girls? first sign. high school. ap lit. anthony peeks over and goes, 'why girls? never a boy. [pause] ?"' ok. 21 yrs old@ work. caught by my manager, "whats up with these?" holding up my doodles...of girls. ok so it may have seemed strange. wasnt drawing just girls. though i spent extra time perfecxting their hair with pencil strokes. there was a moment when my "girls" became characters in my short stories each w/ their own unique style and look. i was drawing fashion- in some sense of the word. and the girls were just a tool. never thought much of my lifelong habit. the manager would say they were good and i should 'do something with that'. anthony would say you're crazy. and christina would like the clothes. i though, always thought my proportions were off. the heads too big. the clothing no dimension. never quite thought much of it. until i was introduced to laura laine. and her magic:
[click on images to see the greatness]

as seen@ lauralaine.net

there are others out there like me, and im on a lifelong mission to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment