29 July 2009

reposted.

randomly posting because for my blog to grow...i must post. blogcruisin' and came across the following, both of which pertain to exactly where my thought process is today. kinda who and where i am right now. so heres a share. enjoy.


modelliberation.blogspot.com
model nikkia [who i've been following. ♥her.]
from her post "in a funk"

Then there are the conversations in which I try unsuccessfully to explain to people that I'm not trying to be famous. I just want to work. The bottom line is: if I don't work, I can't live. This industry requires self promotion. Sure, I think it's a little weird when a stranger knows my name. But if that stranger recognizes me from great work I've done, I'm all for it.

I wake up every morning and have to ask myself why I am still doing this. There are thousands of other women/girls that have similar looks to mine, so why am I still in the game?I must have purpose, right? Answer: God put me here. And that's all I need.

my sentiments exactly...



verysmartbrothas.com [dont you ♥ the name?]
from their post "im still black: 7 things i learned while watching cnn's black in america


6) Getting into college can be a very emotional moment for some people.

Much like many other people like me, I took getting into college for granted. I mean hell, for me it wasn’t ‘will I get into college?’, it was which college won’t I get accepted to and where am I going. It was a very privileged standpoint I was in. To see the young lady from CT cry at getting accepted into a college I’d never heard of was kind of humbling for me. Just one of those things I realize it’s easy to take for granted when I didn’t have to struggle for my whole life. That was a moment I was pretty glad to have seen: somebody who’s been through hell finally see some light at the other end.

7) Despite being exactly who’s apart of the group, I’ll never be apart of the upper-echelon Black America circle (piggybacking off of number 4).

Save being Greek, I’m the type of guy who’d be in the Jack and Jill’s and would be apart of the book Our Kind of People (one of the most eye opening books of my life, then again, I never even heard of Jack & Jill, Boule, Links, etc until I got to college), except I never will be because until I got to college, nobody I knew was apart of that world. It’s a weird feeling realizing that en entire Black population of people just like you exists…without you. Very weird dichotomy.


didnt realize i took college for granted. but times like today. when im dreading the return of the semester, doubting myself, doubting whether or not i want to finish school. [blasphemy!...i know-all kindsa issues these days] made me think about a family member who never graduated h/s yet came from the same household with someone who has a masters and another a doctorate. and what her children see their future as. opposed to my own. dont take anything for granted. ever. walking across that stage will be one of the best....[even if it did take forever :>]

1 comment: